By Eriq Rivera
Alice In Chains released its fifth studio album The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here on May 28th and as expected it has been vintage Alice In Chains.
Singer and guitarist Jerry Cantrell continues to deliver his power vocals for the band.
I’ll be the first to admit, we don’t have a review because I feel I’ll be to bias. I will say that the band’s fourth studio album Black Gives Way To Blue is a tad bit better.
Some bands just get destroyed after losing their main singer and although we truly do miss Layne Staley, Alice In Chains has done a pretty good job moving on with William Duvall.
Enough of that, here is my personal favorite songs from Alice In Chains new record, in no particular order.
- Hollow – The first single off the new album, “Hollow” can even get my “lovey-dovey” song lover of a sister to rock out. I was also able to witness the band perform this song at Jimmy Kimmell’s Concert Series and man, can they rock out the hell out of this song.
- Phantom Limb – The guitar riff is what truly gets me.
- Choke – A very “haunting” but catchy song.
- Stone – The second single from the record delivers just as well as “Hollow.”
- The Devil Put Dinosaurs – The songs can easily get you lost and mesmerized by Cantrell’s power of a voice.
Overall a treat for any fans of grunge rock.
What are your thoughts on our list?